March 08, 2005

Okay, first things first: yes, I am still sick. This has been one week-long bitch of a whatever-the-hell I have, with constantly changing symptoms that seem to have all converged in my throat. I finally went to a doctor yesterday, and right now I'm on enough antibiotics and OTC medications to ensure that I should probably never drive again. And during this whole crapfest, I've had to pack and search for a new place to live.

And that search has gone fairly poorly, a sudden and unwelcome change from my lifelong housing good fortune. In Seattle, I only had to look for a place for two days, and the second place I looked at ended up being my home for four years. Then when I started looking in Jersey City I found my current building on my first try, then found a second room in the same building with not much more effort. And now...great big piles of crap. That is, when people even bother to keep the appointments I make to check out their crappy homes. I did find a passable situation, near where I currently live, that I figure will hold me for a few months until I can regroup and start searching again. But I am completely unpsyched about it.

I guess that's it for now.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]