December 29, 2004

2004 in Review Continues: A Top Ten List of Sorts.
  1. Modest Mouse: "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" and live at the Hammerstein Ballroom. My favorite band took a giant leap forward, creating the most stunning music I've heard in years, since "OK Computer," probably. I've heard it a few times a week for months and months and still am surprised each time.
  2. "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind." My life story, with better performances. I was completely freaked out by this movie, and don't know if I could see it again.
  3. My wildcard improv performance at the UCB 3x3 Cagematch contest. So much fun I couldn't wait to do it again. Then I did do it again and it wasn't that great, but still.
  4. "Deadwood." Best goddamned ensemble cast ever, but dear cocksucking lord, was anybody better than Ian McShane's Al Swearengen?
  5. [tie] Homestar Runner and Achewood. Countless hours of heelarious entertainment.
  6. My birthday at the Jersey Shore. Fried Oreos, tequila shots, and Skee-Ball. A bright spot in the middle of many months of blah.
  7. Ryan Lizza's campaign coverage for The New Republic.
  8. The first-ever Valentine's Day Black Hearts Party. The first time I think I really got it, and the high point before my mere-days-away laying off.
  9. "The Incredibles."
  10. Rutgers actually making it to the Finals of a tournament, taking down archrivals Iowa State in an overtime classic at the Garden.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]