July 06, 2004

Hey, guess what I did today?! Today I performed services in an office setting in exchange for the promise of a future payment of money. How about them apples?!

Seriously, during the middle of the day, while rushing to finish one project and trying to get a few minutes of somebody's time to help me with a different one, I suddenly felt this huge, satisfied glow that was all like "Wow, I am actually accomplishing something today that is being recognized by other people, and they're going to pay me for it, and be happy to do so!" That damn dad-instilled work ethic of mine was, after four-and-a-half guilty months, finally being put to some good use.

Now to just find somebody else who wants me to work for them after this little project is finished.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]