May 26, 2004

Not much time for blogging this week, as I'm actually working. I can't get into too many details about the project right now, but hopefully I'll be able to at some point.

Anyway, the big news around town is obviously the passing of Jersey City Mayor Glenn D. Cunningham, who died of a massive heart attack last night. Cunningham lived in JC his entire life, and was a former Marine, police captain and homicide detective before entering city government. He served in various positions before being elected Hudson County's first African-American mayor.

I can't claim to follow local government too closely, but Cunningham always struck me as a very decent man who wanted to do right for his home city. Fellow Jersey City resident Tris McCall has a lot more about the sudden passing and the aftermath over at his site.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]