May 06, 2004
1. INT. NIGHT BEDROOM — Focus on digital clock at 3:29 A.M. Newsradio alarm sounds as clock shows 3:30; exhausted arm slaps at clock until alarm stops.
2. MANHATTAN UPPER WEST SIDE APT BLDG, LATE NIGHT / EARLY MORNING — PAUL FRANKENSTEIN (early-thirties, glasses, state of dishevelment) loaded down with large suitcase, garment bag, carry-on, struggles to hail cab.
3. INT. AIRLINE CHECK-IN LINE — Frankenstein far back in line populated by Asians, anxiously checking watch, looking towards front of line.
4. INT. 747, REAR OF PLANE — Frankenstein in middle seat on full plane, turning as best he can towards attractive young woman sitting in window seat. She is settling in, putting a book, gum in her seat compartment.
Window Seat Woman is half paying attention as she prepares for takeoff.FRANKENSTEINTwenty hours, huh? Whooo, this is gonna be fun.
As Frankenstein is talking POV switches between him (in charm mode) and WSW, whose eyes are darting around the plane.WINDOW SEAT WOMANWell, I guess I'm pretty used to it by now. I go to Hong Kong about three or four times a year for business. You just have t--
FRANKENSTEINOh, I'm used to this myself. I was born there, actually, and I'm headed there on business myself. Yep, heading back home [quote fingers] to help out the old family business for a few months.
WINDOW SEAT WOMANMmm hmm...
FRANKENSTEINYeah, my grandparents needed some help around the office — they have a publishing company — so I figured, what the hell, as long as I was...between positions, employment-wise, I might as well head out to Hong Kong for a few months, right?
Cut back to sheepish Frankenstein, looking around, reaching for Skymall Magazine.FRANKENSTEINKind of a working vacation, with some family time mixed in. So...how long are you gonna be staying there for? Think you'll have any free nights, or are you gonna be work--
WINDOW SEAT WOMAN(Looking over Frankenstein's head, waving hand.)
Hello, stewardess? Can I please get some headphones before takeoff? Thanks.
5. TITLES BEGIN: EXT. 747, LANDING IN HONG KONG
6. FRANKENSTEIN riding on MTR train into city.
7. FRANKENSTEIN arrives at luxury apartment building destination, looks up towards window.
8. FRANKENSTEIN walks into apartment building.
BLACK SHEETS OF FRANKENSTEIN
9. INT. APARTMENT BLDG HALLWAY — Frankenstein exits elevator with luggage and heads to Apartment 9H. He does not hesitate, as he has been here before. He knocks on the door and waits a few seconds.
He knocks again a few times and again waits a few seconds. This time he tries the doorknob which, to his surprise, turns. As he enters the apartment, the rest of the scene is from Frankenstein's POV.FRANKENSTEINHello? Grandma? Grandpa?
10. INT. APARTMENT 9H, FRANKENSTEIN'S P.O.V. — Focus on older Chinese woman (Grandma) sitting at the kitchen table, weighing packages of white powder. She jumps up, startled.
11. INT. APARTMENT 9H, FRANKENSTEIN'S POV — Quick cut to Grandpa carrying large stereo box near pile of 40-50 electronics boxes.GRANDPA(Offscreen) Paul! You said that you were arriving tomorrow!
12. INT. APARTMENT 9H, FRANKENSTEIN'S POV Quick cuts to, in succession, two attractive scantily-clad women thumbing through a rack of stripper's clothing; two large crates near the kitchen, filled with various high-powered rifles; a bound-and-gagged tied to a chair; a large pile of cash in the corner. Final quick cut to a heavily muscular Chinese man hurrying towards Frankenstein, hand raised, coming down towards him...FRANKENSTEINUm...well...I left a message and said there was a cheaper...
P.O.V. shot scans to the floor as the screen turns blurry, then fades to black.FRANKENSTEINUnggh!
TO BE CONTINUED
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]