March 14, 2004

Possible Apology Regarding Friday's Mention of the Slate-Sponsored Whisky Tasting at d.b.a: I was originally under the impression that the tasting was going to be an event which anybody could attend and join some muckety-mucks in throwing down some whisky. While this might have actually been the case, the always-reliable Mike Wolf, with whom I today attended the Whitney Biennial, pointed out to me that the article actually seemed to be suggesting that readers instead buy some top-quality whiskies and try them at home, in front of their computers, while following along with the tasting notes and discussion and perhaps watching the goings-on using the bar's webcam.

Upon further reflection this whole setup strikes me as irredeemingly sad and not a bit creepy, and I apologize for bringing it up in the first place.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]