October 21, 2003
- First off, my friend Scott at work sent me a link to the Museum of Hoaxes's Hoax Photo Test. From "Tourist Guy" to that shark attacking the helicopter, it's a trip down memory cache. And the rest of the site's a whole lot of fun, too.
- Several of my more delusional friends are refusing to acknowledge the existence of the Yankees/Marlins World Series, preferring instead their fantasy Cubs/BoSox matchup. Jim Caple at ESPN's Page 2 is enabling those sad, sad people with his daily recaps; it's tied 1-1 heading to Wrigley for Game 3!
- "No, Constance, it isn't you, it's just this damn zero gravity."
During an interview about the TransHab Inflatable Space Station Module, an audience member asked space architect Constance Adams about sex in space (within the context of designing habitats for procreation). Adams indicated that erections in space are difficult to achieve because in zero gravity, blood tends to collect in the head and feet, not the right places for sex.(Update: the sender of the above later told me that the info came from Kottke.org.)
- The Despair 2004 Catalog has been released! This year's line includes Achievement, Ambition, Potential, Power, Success, and Teamwork.
- In what might be the craziest thing I've read all postseason, in a Slate conversation Allen Barra declares Mariano Rivera "one of the all-time greats, as in Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Sandy Koufax, et al" (which is not unreasonable, though a little overstated), except that he then declares "[r]eplace him with an average or even good-to-average closer, and I'm not sure the Yankees win any of those [six AL] championships. Maybe not even 1998." As good as Rivera's been, I somehow think that if the Yanks had, say, Jeff Montgomery or Billy Taylor in 1998, it wouldn't have cost them 22 games in the standings, or hurt them too bad in a 11-2 playoff run.
louis vuitton handbags
ugg boots uk
cheap air max shoes
coach outlet store online clearances
adidas outlet store
ed hardy outlet
canada goose outlet
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]