June 09, 2003

Free Culture and Stuff! Hey, all you New York City kind of folks: tomorrow is the very special Museum Mile Festival, featuring a closed-to-traffic Fifth Avenue, street entertainers and live bands, plus nine free museums (well, I guess a lot of them could be free anytime, since they have that "suggested admission" which you don't really have to pay, but tomorrow from 6-9 they'll be free without you having to be an utter cheapass scumbag).

The museums include the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim, the Cooper-Hewitt Design Museum, and the Jewish Museum. I think I'm going to try and go to the Jewish Museum, since the two times I've attempted to go were both on a Saturday, and I ended up at the entrance of the closed-for-the-Sabbath museum just feeling like a complete tool.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]