December 03, 2002

WTO Memories Light the Corners of My Mind. Yesterday was the third anniversary of my only experience with tear gas thus far, a date which Mr. Whybark commemorates with an old missive. (It should be noted that I held back and Mike pressed on after things started to get a little messy, so that I managed to avoid getting shot in the ass.)

This means that it's a few days after the third anniversary of my walking past my company's warehouse on the way to work only to discover that the building had been taken over by squatters in advance of the World Trade Organization hullaballoo. Ah yes, shipping out Christmas orders by flashlight (the police, whose HQ was frigging next door by the way, had shut off the building's power), getting eyed by angry squatters, having the building constantly referred to by the media as "abandoned"...what a time it was.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]