June 06, 2002

Well, I've tried to listen to the new Elvis Costello three times now, and I've yet to make to make it through the whole thing. Maybe I'm missing something, but listening to the damn thing's like driving into a snowbank. Sometimes an album's appeal takes a while to sink in, but so far When I Was Cruel is heading straight for the bottom of my Costello ranking (off the top of my head: 1. This Year's Model; 2. King of America; 3. Get Happy; 4. Armed Forces; 5. Punch the Clock; 6. My Aim Is True; 7. Spike; 8. Imperial Bedroom; 9. All This Useless Beauty; 10. Almost Blue), down there in Goodbye-Cruel-Worldville. I'll try listening to it again tomorrow.

Heard he's kicking ass live, though.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]