June 06, 2002

Moral Victories Are for Losers: Thoughts on Game One. They played for 20 minutes as though they had never seen a basketball, followed by another 20 minutes as though they knew one of the teams had a dominant center, so why not keep dumping it to McCullough and hope it turned out to be him. The Nets' free throw shooting was awful, their gameplan was weak and, worst of all, they spent 48 minutes looking like Lilliputians in the land of Shaq.

So, yes, I'm somewhat encouraged regarding the Nets chances in this series. Nothing I saw after the first 15 minutes last night made me think that the Nets didn't belong on that court, and a lot of what I saw made me think that a Nets team playing at the level they've shown all season can make a great run over the next two weeks.

By tomorrow night I'll know if I'm right, or if I need to start scoping out Freehold.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]