March 18, 2002

Can it be that it was all so simple then? Via Metafilter: Business 2.0 Magazine's "Boo! And the 100 Other Dumbest Moments in e-Business History." I lived in Seattle from 1996-2000, so I had a front-row (well, of the mezzanine) seat for a lot of the craziness, which this list sums up quite nicely.

Though I worked for a software company for three years without coming within sniffing distance of a big score, my company did share an office with an online ad firm (which went public, big, on one of the more depressing days of my life) and was on the periphery of a drawn-out deal of a division to a different online ad firm. Of course, as you may have guessed, both firms' stock prices have collapsed, leaving the majority of participants with little more than their dreams. Ah, the memories.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]