February 12, 2002

Not much time to post, as I've spent the entire day in Manhattan for the big American International Toy Fair, a huge event for my company. After working our meeting and display room I was able to spend a few hours walking around the Javits Center, where I was surpirsed by the relative lack of patriotic-themed toys in the works. I mean, there were a few, but I was expecting to see practically every other booth and toy festooned with Old Glory.

I didn't see anything too thrilling at the show (all the biggest companies are locked away in private showrooms in the Toy Building), I'm afraid, but I can announce that American Greetings is bringing back Care Bears, some hideous looking things called Butt-Ugly Martians will be getting a major marketing push, there's gonna be a new batch of great Simpsons toys out there, and folks sure do love them mullets! Of course, nothing beats the sight of some overworked and overweight guy in his fifties involved in some serious high-tension negotiations over Clifford the Big Red Dog.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]