February 16, 2002

My Neighborhood. Last night I finally got to show off my new home, when two friends came over for a tour and a walk over to India Square for a delicious dinner. I live about two blocks north of the heart of "Little India," and though I've never been a huge fan of Indian food, I am having a great time trying out all the different restaurants and exploring my and the surrounding neighborhoods. Today, walking up Newark Avenue and crossing JFK Blvd., I found myself in what turns out to be the fourth-largest Filipino community in the U.S., with at least one place that makes great Cuban sandwiches. I don't plan to bore you with a complete listing of all my meals, but I guess I'm just excited to finally be in a city again, after 18 months in the suburban wilderness.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]