February 20, 2002

Just as The Donk anxiously awaits the big rollover to 10,000 hits (and please don’t tell me that the stats counter doesn’t really measure hits or visitors or whatnot; it’s gonna be a big damn number with a mess of zeros and I’m pretty happy), the Libertarian Samizdata collective has cleared the six-figure plateau, and since there’s about ten of those Samizdata folks I figure it works out about the same. Anyway, they seem to have given their special round-number visitor some sort of prize, so I figured that I’d do the same.
The Illuminated Donkey’s Spectacular 10,000th Visitor Contest!
The Rules: Um…the 10,000th visitor gets some sort of prize. To claim the prize, the winner should send a screenshot showing the glorious 10,000 counter, or in lieu of that, a detailed description of the number 10,000.
Ah, 10,000 visitors…it seems like only yesterday that I was lucky to get two or three people a day to come and read my collection of recipes, stain-removal hints, and drunken rants about the Illuminati and the Trilateral Commission. These days, hardly an hour goes by when I don’t get a half-dozen hits, almost all of which are from misguided Googlers trying to download donkey-themed sex videos, but it’s still all very exciting. I thank you all.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]