January 28, 2002

Just because I moved away doesn't mean that the fine people of Seattle shouldn't get their monorail transit system. According to local weekly The Stranger, the plan to build a regional monorail transit system is gaining support in Olympia. What could possibly be cooler than gliding to work in a sleek monorail train?

Originally built for the 1962 World's Fair, Seattle is one of the few cities that offers a working monorail. The monorail operates on a short stretch between downtown and the Seattle Center (home of the Space Needle, Key Arena, Paul Allen's Experience Museum). When I lived there one of my favorite things to do was to rush to the front of the lead car so I could have the co-pilot's perspective as the train zipped through downtown. How I miss it so.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]