January 24, 2002

Jason Kidd is featured on the cover of this week's Sports Illustrated, making him (I think) the first Net to achieve this honor since Dr. J (who had actually been sold to the Sixers by the time his last Nets cover hit the stands). This only refers to featured covers; I'm sure there's dozens of SI covers showcasing some superstar dunking over the likes of John Bagley or Otis Birdsong.

Update: New Jersey dissed! So I arrive home to find the new issue in my mailbox and what do I find? Sure, Kidd is on the cover...standing in front of the New York skyline! Would it have killed SI to pose him in front of some sort of Jersey location, or maybe show him playing Skee-Ball or something? Sheesh.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]