December 28, 2001

Won’t somebody please think of the parents! It’s good to know that no matter what you do in this world, there will always be at least one person who will stick up for you. I’ve compiled a holiday sampler of parental comments and denials from the past few months:

"I believe the evidence against him is not solid. I don't believe that he did the terrible deeds they say he did." Alia Ghanem, Osama bin Laden's mother.

"He would never accept to kill innocent people. He has nothing to do with flying — he's an architect who was studying town planning." Mohammed Atta’s father.

"I'm proud of John. He's a really good boy. A really sweet boy." Frank Lindh, Johnny Walker’s father.

"I don't know what's in the file or in this case. My son tells me he is not guilty. He has told me he has proof that he did nothing and that at the appropriate time he will show that proof." Aicha el-Wafi, the mother of Zacarias Moussaoui, the first man indicted in the September terrorist attacks.

"My son is a determined boy and I can imagine him being determined enough to blow himself to bits. But I just can’t believe that he would want to hurt anyone else in doing it unless, that is, he has been brainwashed.” Robin Colvin Reid, Richard Reid’s father.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]